We’ve been obsessed with indigo shibori dyeing for a couple of years. Each summer, we’ve been creating DIY shibori projects like our dish towels, scarves and pillows. If you’ve never tried the shibori dyeing technique, you really have to give it a try. We’ll warn you now though, it’s pretty addicting. From the intricate patterns, to the deep blue of the indigo to the magic that unfolds as open up the fabric and the color oxidizes.
We have more DIY shibori projects in store for you guys this summer, but in the meantime, we wanted to share some of our favorite indigo DIYs that inspire us.
3. Sweet Paul’s Shibori Lunch Bags
4. Say Yes Shibori Picnic Blanket
5. Lovely Indeed’s Shibori Placemat
6. Shibori Pillowcases from eHow
7. Elle’s DIY Shibori Dyed Dress
8. Shibori Dish Towels
9. Shibori Indigo Dyed Scarf
10. Honest to Nod’s DIY Shibori Bedding